Our Congressmen and Congresswomen are working hard this legislative session. Here are some updates:
- Rep. Ann Wagner was named to the U.S. House Foreign Affairs Committee. She also sponsored the SEC Regulatory Accountability Act bill (H.R.78) which passed in the House. More info here.
- Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer’s legislation, the Providing Accountability Through Transparency Act, was included in the House-passed regulatory reform package. More info here.
- Rep. Sam Graves is working to stop sanctuary cities. He helped introduce a bill targeting cities that knowingly harbor illegal immigrants and protect them from being deported. More info here.
- Rep. Vicky Hartzler was tapped by House Armed Services Chairman Mac Thornberry to lead the subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations for a second term. More info here.
- Rep. Billy Long voted to advance Obamacare Repeal in support of patient-centered legislation and to allow more choices at a lower cost. More info here.
- Rep. Jason Smith was elected by his peers to serve as Conference Secretary. He says he will use the role as a platform to be a strong advocate for holding government and Washington accountable to Missourians. More info here.
- Rep. Emanuel Cleaver and Rep. Graves advocated the 2016 Water Resources Development Act bill, S.612, which was passed by the U.S. House of Representatives. More info here.